The PRSA Colorado Chapter Retreat presented by Qwest Communications is fast approaching! Join us October 16, 2009, to connect, direct and empower your career. Simply register at
Luncheon Keynote featuring Former White House Press Secretary Dana Perino. Dana Perino will bring a unique viewpoint from her time inside the White House, and will provide insight into the current political climate that will give organizations a clear picture of the changes to come.
Following the luncheon, the Afternoon Workshop Sessions will provide array of learning opportunities including:
- Communications ROI –This panel of CEOs is designed to help attendees better understand how executives from different industries measure communications and their ROI expectations. Sponsored by MolsonCoors.
- Public Affairs in Today’s Brave New World – Hear from advocates and reporters on how they are coping with and taking advantage of the 24/7 news cycle to discuss issues and effect policy changes. Sponsored by Examiner.com.
- How Non-Profits can use PR to Build Sustainable Funding—This session will teach participants how to position non-profits and better engage board members to boost community funding.
- Best Practices from Green Businesses—“Going green” can present any number of challenges in terms of time management, budget and execution. Learn how to be sustainable and effective in achieving green business goals. Sponsored by Vail Resorts.
- Leveraging Social Media to Extend Your Business Reach—With the new social media networks popping up every day, how do you know which networks to choose? What site is profitable? Hear from experts on three case studies and the do’s and don’ts of online marketing. Sponsored by GroundFloor Media.
- Media Relations on a Shoestring Budget—Hear a case study for JohnstonWells’ 2009 PRSA Colorado Grand Gold Pick award-winning campaign, “Happy Birthday, Will!,” a suspenseful unveiling of the Goodwill Industries of Denver’s 90th Anniversary. Sponsored by VMS.
- Lessons from the Road: Innovative Techniques in Internal Communications—Learn the top 10 Standout Strategies that our powering business results in the Fortune 100 today from someone who’s in and out of Boardrooms across the country.
- Non-Profit Viral Campaign Steps–Hear a case study from Philosophy Communication’s 2009 PRSA Grand Gold Pick award-winning campaign, “For Girl’s Only—Introducing Denver to the Secret Comedy of Women.”
- PRSA – Advancing the Profession and the Professional—Find out the latest from PRSA leaders representing the Colorado Chapter, the Western District and the national board.
Special thanks to our Presenting Sponsor Qwest Communications and our Gold Sponsors EnCana Oil & Gas (USA) Inc. and Comcast. Also, thank you to our Silver Sponsors Pure Brand Communications and PRSA Colorado $50 for 50 Years Fund. Register at www.prsacolorado.org
ContributeIf you're interested in contributing to our blog, e-mail us with your name, organization and topic.
Tagsaccreditation APR Bruce Goldberg Case Study Chapter Retreat Christina Loznicka Crisis Communications CSU PRSSA Denver Denver Post Denver Press Club Elisabeth Monaghan ethics event Events Facebook Gina Seamans Gold Picks Linhart PR Media Spotlight Members Metzger Associates MGA Communications Networking Nonprofit PR PR PR Boost Professional Development PRSA PRSA Colorado PRSA Event PRSA National PRSSA public relations Rocky Mountain News Shadow Day Social Media students Suzanne Trantow The Denver Post Twitter volunteer Western District Conference Young Professionals Young Pros