84 Gold and Silver Picks Awarded;
Philosophy Communication earns Grand Gold Pick
Amy Johnson honored with Swede Johnson Lifetime Achievement;
Tami Door awarded Business Person of the Year; and
Ball Corporation wins PR Team of the Year
DENVER (May 5, 2017) — The Colorado Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America recognized the 2017 Gold and Silver Pick winners at its annual awards ceremony on May 4. The awards honor the achievements of individuals and organizations for best practices and high ethical standards in public relations.
“Colorado’s public relations professionals continue to develop ingenious communications strategies and ideas that help their companies and clients succeed in today’s fast-paced and increasingly complex business world,” said Renee A. Robinson, APR, PRSA Colorado Chapter president. “Congratulations to all of our award winners, who truly represent the best of the best in our dynamic PR community.”
The awards were presented by Robinson and Emmy Award winning FOX31 on-air personalities Kathie J. and Ken Clark, who emceed the event. Sponsors included Linhart Public Relations, WildRock Public Relations & Marketing, Philosophy Communication, and FUN Productions Inc.
One Grand Gold Pick, 51 Gold Pick and 33 Silver Pick awards were presented in addition to honoring outstanding efforts by individuals, small practices and nonprofits. The winners included:
Special Award Winners: (photos available here.)
- Swede Johnson Lifetime Achievement Award: Amy Johnson, APR Constructive Public Relations
- Public Relations Person of the Year: Catherine B. Lucas, APR, Metropolitan State University of Denver
- Business Person of the Year: Tami Door, Downtown Denver Partnership
- Joe Fuentes Rookie of the Year: Catie Mayer, B Public Relations
- Mentor of the Year Award: Kimberly Stern, Colorado State University
- Chapter Service Award: Michelle Ellis, Ellis Communications Marketing
- Public Relations Team of the Year: Ball Corporation Communications Team
Grand Gold Pick Winner:
The Grand Gold Pick is awarded to the “best in show” campaign(s) earning the highest overall score.
- Philosophy Communication: Colorado Proud “Follow Your Fruits & Veggies” Journey (Reputation/Brand Management-Government)
Small Practice Award Winner:
The Small Practice Award is awarded to the solo/small practitioner earning the highest overall score for a campaign.
- Xstatic Public Relations: CFA Institute MemberNation” to Societies Worldwide (Internal Communications)
The best in show awarded to the nonprofit organization earning the highest overall score for a campaign.
- Fyn Public Relations: “Building Realities for Children’s Future Brick by Brick”
See more award winners here.
Coming up soon: Photos from the event by Bridget Dvorak and video by Fireside Productions.
Thanks again to our 2017 Gold Pick Sponsors!
Linhart Public Relations, WildRock Public Relations & Marketing,
Philosophy Communication, and FUN Productions Inc.
ContributeIf you're interested in contributing to our blog, e-mail us with your name, organization and topic.
Tagsaccreditation APR Bruce Goldberg Case Study Chapter Retreat Christina Loznicka Crisis Communications CSU PRSSA Denver Denver Post Denver Press Club Elisabeth Monaghan ethics event Events Facebook Gina Seamans Gold Picks Linhart PR Media Spotlight Members Metzger Associates MGA Communications Networking Nonprofit PR PR PR Boost Professional Development PRSA PRSA Colorado PRSA Event PRSA National PRSSA public relations Rocky Mountain News Shadow Day Social Media students Suzanne Trantow The Denver Post Twitter volunteer Western District Conference Young Professionals Young Pros