Denver Art Museum wins top award for King Tut campaign
The most innovative public relations work in the region was honored Thursday evening by one of the country’s most well respected industry groups, the Public Relations Society of America’s Colorado Chapter. This year’s “Gold Pick Awards” ceremony was held at the Denver Marriott City Center and emceed by media talents Erica Cobb from Alice 105.9’s BJ, Howie and Erica morning show, and 9 News and Metromix reporter Heidi McGuire.
The “Grand Gold Pick,” PRSA Colorado’s top award went to the Denver Art Museum for its campaign “Rolling Out the Red Carpet: King Tut’s Denver Debut.” Peter Webb PR won the largest number of awards with six gold, one silver. Linhart Public Relations won three gold. Pure Brand Communications won two gold and a silver; followed by Philosophy Communications with one gold, three silver, Johnston Wells – one gold, one silver, and MGA Communications – two silver.
Here’s the full list of winners:
GOLD PICK WINNERS
- Reputation/brand management-business, WeAllSew.com, JohnstonWells Public Relations.
- Public service, government, “Heat is On!, Webb PR.
- Marketing consumer products-restaurants, Cooking with Kids to Grow the Red Robin Gourmet Burgers Brand, Linhart Public Relations.
- Crisis communications, Vaccinating Colorado State University Students and Employees Against Meningococcal Disease, Colorado State University.
- Issues management-association/nonprofit organizations, A Vet for Victims-Three words that make a world of difference, Philosophy Communication.
- Multicultural Public Relations, “¡Toma Control, Vive!”, Webb PR.
- Integrated communications-associations/government/nonprofit organizations, Rolling out the Gold Carpet: King Tut’s Denver Debut, Denver Art Museum.
- Media relations-consumer products, Noodles Provides Cure for the Candy Coma, Carmichael Lynch Spong.
- Media relations-associations/nonprofit organizations, LiveWell Colorado Media Relations, Communications Strategy Group.
- Media relations-associations/nonprofit organizations, Leading the National with Pediatric Health Information, GroundFloor Media Inc.
- Media relations-government, CSU Commitment to Colorado Announcement, Colorado State University.
- Feature story, Building a Better World-Beyond Blueprints and Infrastructure Projects, MWH advances hydropower leadership and strengthens corporate brand message with bylined cover story, MWH.
- Editorials/Op-ed Columns, Take a spray bottle to legislature’s hissing cats, Webb PR.
- Social media, Eye-Spy the Orange Truck-Applewood Plumbing Heating & Electric iApp Launch, JKD & Company Inc.
- Social media, The MapQuest Social Journey, 104 West Partners.
- Blogger campaign, Creating Blogger Sizzle for the Red Robin Gourmet Burgers Kids’ Cook-Off, Linhart Public Relations.
- Blogger campaign, Hood to Coast, Pure Brand Communications.
- Blogger campaign, Launching Rudi’s Gluten-Free Breads to reach key gluten-free influencers, Linhart Public Relations.
- Press conferences, “Start the Habit” Challenge Makes A Big Difference, Webb PR.
- Radio PSAs, Serving up the Truth at Western State College PSAs, Webb PR.
- Newsletters-Digital, LiveWell Colorado eLetter, Communications Strategy Group.
- Newsletters, Stetson E-Newsletter, Pure Brand Communications.
- Annual reports-nonprofit organizations, The Children’s Hospital 2009 Annual Report, The Children’s Hospital.
- Research/evaluation, Research and Evaluation Services Up Truth at Western State College, Webb PR.
SILVER PICK WINNERS
- Community relations-business services, FirstBank Mobilizes Community to Give Where They Live on Colorado Gives Day, Galloway Group.
- Community relations-associations/nonprofit organizations, Immunized for Good Campaign, Kirshner Communications.
- Events or observances (seven or fewer days), A Vision Fulfilled: Celebrating the Completion of the Remediation at the Rocky Mountain Arsenal, MGA Communications Inc.
- Events and observances-associations/nonprofit organizations, Wearable Art in Motion-Art Directors Club of Denver 6th Annual Paper Fashion Show, Philosophy Communication.
- Marketing consumer services-travel & tourism hospitality, EpicMix: Vail Resorts Launches Location-Based App for Skiers & Riders, Vail Resorts.
- Marketing consumer services-travel & tourism hospitality, Frisco, Colorado-A Unique Mountain Destination, Philosophy Communication.
- Marketing consumer services-financial services, eGift Social-Using Social Networking to Transform Virtual Gifts into Tangible Gifts, First Data.
- Marketing consumer services/other, Eye-Spy the Orange Truck-Applewood Plumbing Heating & Electric iApp Launch, JKD & Company Inc.
- Internal communications-business, 2010 wiki week, Pinnacol Assurance.
- Multicultural public relations-business, Isla Flash Contest-Centros Isla (Puerto Rico), Cohn Marketing.
- Integrated communications-consumer products, Changing the Conversation Every Day of the Week-TGI Friday’s Launches New Menu in Denver, Philosophy Communication.
- Media relations-consumer products, “Roll Down Your Window & Roll Up Your Sleeve” Flu Shot Clinics, Webb PR.
- Media relations-B2B, Heska-Inspiration In Action, JohnstonWells Public Relations.
- Media relations-associations/nonprofit organizations, 2010 Courage Classic, Pure Brand Communications.
- Media relations-associations/nonprofit organizations, Going for the Gold: Youth Sports Medicine Program and Hannah Pennington, GroundFloor Media Inc.
- Feature story, True sustainability goes beyond green building effort, dovetail solutions.
- Websites-External, Healthcarepartners.bonfils.org-An Online Resource for Bonfils Blood Center’s Healthcare Partners, Bonfils Blood Center.
- Social media, Making Friends with King Tut, Denver Art Museum.
- Social media, Social Media Helps CEA in Legislative Battle April-May 2010, MGA Communications Inc.
- Web widgets, Elvis Yourself, Pure Brand Communications.
- Video programs-internal, Pioneer Passage, University of Denver.
- Annual reports-digital, The Faces of Workplace Injury, Pinnacol Assurance.
SPECIAL AWARD WINNERS
- Business Person of the Year, Tom Puckett, president and CEO, Bonfils Blood Center.
- Swede Johnson Lifetime Achievement Award, Sydney Ayers, senior strategist, Mitchell Communications Group.
- PR Team of the Year, MGA Communications’ Nonprofit Buzz Team (Jennifer Watson, Raquel Fuentes, Sarah Rasmussen).
- Rookie of the Year, Quinn Kelsey, account executive, Linhart Public Relations.
- Chapter Service Award, Cherie Orwig,, principal, CL Orwig & Associates.
Tagsaccreditation APR Bruce Goldberg Case Study Chapter Retreat Christina Loznicka Crisis Communications CSU PRSSA Denver Press Club Elisabeth Monaghan ethics Facebook Gina Seamans Gold Pick Gold Picks Linhart PR Media Spotlight Members Metzger Associates MGA Communications Networking Networking Breakfast news Nonprofit PR PR PR Boost Professional Development PRSA PRSA Code of Ethics PRSA Colorado PRSA Event PRSA National PRSSA public relations Rocky Mountain News Shadow Day Social Media students Suzanne Trantow The Denver Post Twitter volunteer Western District Conference Young Professionals Young Pros
- May 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
Lijit SearchLijit Search
ContributeIf you're interested in contributing to our blog, e-mail us with your name, organization and topic.